Wednesday, April 27, 2011

sure it's been a while

While it seems like a good while since I've been here. And a lot has happened.Obama has produced his first certificate. The world has taken a terrible change for the worse. The economy has tanked unemployment numbers around 10% not to mention the people that have given up looking for work and the other people that aren't getting as many hours as they need.

I did pretty well crabbing last year it won't start again this year and tell July 1. I have it set up so when I checked my crab pots then take the crab back to the boat launch I have a huge Canning pot
I fill with salt water and cook them up right on the beach. You have a depth finder if the pot set to shallow you won't get any crab trance set them to deep you run out of line and lose the crab pot.

I sold my Honda XL 350r because the tabs were doing I had only used it once or twice for the whole year it was licensed for the street. I also sold my XL 250r that was licensed only off-road.
Last year my buddy art & went to Tahuya ORV park and I chased him I was on the 250 and he was driving his quad. My thought was driving on the orv trails would be like driving on old logging roads boy was I wrong. The baskets of much use at some of the corners are like driving on nothing but marbles. Of course we didn't bring our helmets and after about the third time of almost wrecking I decided off road motorcycle riding wasn't for me.being a cheap Sob I found at 250 honda Odyssey on Craig's list and fixed it up so that I can chase Art in the off-road forest.
http://www.efadgroup.com/Odyssey%20World/FL250-77-79.htm
After fixing the Honda up in getting it running quite well I used it here racing around the drive-by shooting path. The little Honda was a blast to drive even art had fun rolling it on the upper part of the trail. After writing it the smile on my face would last about 45 minutes but it would screw my backup for two or three days. It has shocks with springs on the front I straight axle no suspension and balloon tires on the back. Being a hoarder at one time I owned a total of four of them. Sold them on Craig's list then I bought a Polaris 325 trail boss. Should have this when I was drinking pushbutton start a lever per forward or reverse no clutch just push on the throttle and go. Big old balloon tires with front and rear suspension and it's a lot of fun to ride.
Tahuya is a fun place to go riding in May and there are a ton of trail. Art and I wrote quite some time on one trail got lost and ended up driving on the pavement about 12 miles to get back to the truck in the trailer.we were lucky we didn't get caught because I think they would have impounded the quads.First time were there are quads we had driven a couple of miles crossed the road and Ranger Rick was fixing the entrance fenceto the staging area we stopped to talk with him and he informed us that there was a helmet law on all off-road vehicle parks. I asked him if the sheriff or State patrol show up at the park he informed me that he had a ticket book on the dashboard of his work truck so we told him we were going to load up our quads and head home.
This wasn't too bad I'm using a program called Dragon naturally speaking Sova doesn't say exactly what I was thinking a well will post more soon Roy

No comments: